Dr. Frank Ervolino graduated from the prestigious Bastyr University in 1995 with a degree in Naturopathic medicine. During this time he not only studied Western herbal medicine, but studied the supplement industry formulation and manufacturing from Dr. Buck Levin, Ph. D. and the traditional use of herbs by the native tribes of the Pacific Northwest. His medical school training also emphasized biochemistry, and physiology. In 1996 he entered the masters degree program in Acupuncture and Chinese medicine at Bastyr University. During this time he learned Chinese herbal medicine and how to merge the Western and Eastern systems into one therapeutic approach in his private practice. In 1999 after graduating from the Masters degree program in acupuncture and Chinese medicine at Bastyr, he relocated to South Florida where he served on staff at Jupiter Medical Center in Jupiter, Florida. While there he worked at the Mind/Body Institute of Jupiter Medical Center where he formulated custom Chinese herbal formulas for his patients and excelled in areas of autoimmune, gynecological and mental emotional issues. He also started working as a custom formulator for supplement companies during this time. Since then he has expanded his consulting business from formulating supplements and functional beverages to sales and marketing advisory services which takes advantage of his former career in the securities industry. The functional beverage industry is the most challenging part of the natural products industry and Dr. Ervolino has dedicated his attention to this industry segment to help companies meet the publics demand for these products.
Formulator of Natural Products
Making a natural product for the retail, professional or direct marketing sectors is more than just putting the formula together. You have to know where your product is going to be sourced from, you have to make sure that the ingredients are allowed by regulatory agencies specific to your market, you have to check for solubility, and you have to make sure the product stays within cost parameters set by your client. In the beverage industry besides solubility there are taste and visual presentation issues that must be addressed as well as whether the product will be cold or hot packed and who is the best co-packer for the product.
Many natural product companies try to rely on internal formulation services offered by a co-packer or Flavoring company. While some of these have credible professionals who can contribute useful ideas, a larger percentage of in-house formulation is geared towards herding the client to pre-existing in-house formulations that while they maximize profitability and keep the job easy they do not encourage product innovation.
Dr. Frank Ervolino can provide you with innovative natural product formulation. He can provide you with:
- Sourcing of product
- Utilization of nutritional supplementation strategies
- Chinese herbal medicine
- Western European herbal tradition
- Amino acid therapy
- Cutting edge nutraceutical development
- Product sourcing
- Cost analysis
- Web content and other media related production related to the product
- Trade show appearances and strategies
Dr. Ervolino’s training and education in biochemistry, physiology, herbal medicine, homeopathy and Chinese herbal medicine have given him a unique set of skills which he uses to provide his clients with unique evidence-backed products which can fulfill their product design needs.
Natural Products Industry Consultant
With previous professional experience as a research scientist and later with two Wall street firms dr. Ervolino has knowledge from these experiences that places him in a unique position to understand the natural products industry from many different directions. It is one thing to design a product and another to help with sales and marketing.
- Do you need a sales and marketing infrastructure?
- Do you need to get to the next level with internet advertising?
- Do you need media and web content? Someone to help you achieve maximum effectiveness at trade shows?
- Do you want someone to look at your company from a strategic basis and give you ideas to improve it?
Dr. Ervolino has done all this for other companies and can do this on an individual project basis or as part of a larger ongoing relationship agreement.
Naturopathic medicine is a distinct system of primary health care-an art, science and practice of preventing, diagnosing and treating conditions of the human mind and body.
Naturopathic physicians work with their patients to prevent and treat acute and chronic illness and disease, restore health and establish optimal fitness by supporting the person’s inherent self-healing process, the vis medicatrix naturae.
This is accomplished through:
- Prevention of disease is emphasized through public health measures and hygiene as well as the encouragement and guidance of persons to adopt lifestyles which are conducive to optimal health.
- Diagnosis and evaluation of the individual’s state of health are accomplished by integrated modern and traditional, clinical and laboratory diagnostic methods.
- Treatment and Care according to whatever therapeutic modality of combination of different modalities will best help the patient to achieve the health goals and objectives. These modalities include dietetics and nutritional substances, botanical medicine, psychotherapy, naturopathic physical medicine including naturopathic manipulative therapy, minor surgery, prescription medications, naturopathic obstetrics (natural childbirth), homeopathy, and acupuncture.
Therapeutic methods and substances are used which work in harmony with the person’s inherent self-healing process, this principle is referred to as vis medicatrix naturae. Carefully selecting therapies that encourage a body’s healing processes by influencing metabolic changes, neurotransmitter balance, digestive health, immune function or other physiologic mechanisms one can optimize their functionality and overall health over the course of a lifetime.